This project was a copy of Oleg's [fig8r on the google group] he managed to configure an Arduino Uno to read the signals in a PS2 keyboard and write the code to jumble the signals up to the FIGnition RevE pins in the right order to negate the 8 button keyboard.
This is my attempt, this is my first Arduino encounter so I came up with problems that you will get with inexperience!
I used all of the information that Oleg provided in his thread and download the Library for the Keyboard to work and downloaded the .ino file in his addendum post here, the wiring was very straight forward, and it would have worked straight away would it not be for the error that I made.
The only difference in my attempt was that my PS2 socket and lead had differing colours to Olegs, therefore I searched online to see what Red,Green,Black and White were in PS2 protocol, this was confusing as it was four wires, but I found references to Data minus and plus, not CLK, so I used my logic and soldered what I thought it was.
This was a mistake as although I had wired the FIGnition to the arduino, there was no way of really knowing if I did this correctly, I began to try other combinations, it is usefull to know that if you cross 5 volt+ with gnd, blue smoke will come from the FIGnition and you will blow diodes, D7 and/or D6, just saying!
I also had to re-check the Arduino pins by running a simple LED fade programme for my pins, thankfully they all worked.
Getting it Right
So the only way to really find the role of each wire was to open the keyboard and test each one with my multi meter, I discovered that I was very wrong but now knew without doubt that Green was 5+V White was GND Black was CLK leaving RED to be DATA.
The 'Click' moment.
When this was wired up I fired it up to discover that it did not work correctly, now that I had become familiar with what Olegs sketch was doing I realised that I was dowloading the wrong sketch, you have to be careful, the filenames are the same and although I was adding the file, the Arduino software was pulling the file from a folder it had made with the old .ino programme in it!
So after adding uploading the correct sketch it worked perfectly, even the commands are Mapped with with the CTRL key and A B C D.
here it is working.